How we as a species reproduce offers all sorts of interesting weird facts. Here are some of the weirder things you might not know.
- Your teeth are growing before birth: Even though it takes months after you are born to see teeth, they start growing about six months before you are born.
- Babies are stronger than oxen: On a pound for pound basis, that is. For their size, babies are quite powerful and strong.
- Babies always have blue eyes when they are born: Melanin and exposure to ultraviolet light are needed to bring out the true color of babies’ eyes. Until then they all have blue eyes.
- Women might be intrinsically bi: There are sex studies that indicate that women might bisexual intrinsically, no matter how they class themselves, while men are usually either gay or straight.
- Most men have regular erections while asleep: Every hour to hour and a half, sleeping men have erections — though they may not be aware of it.
- Sex can be a pain reliever: Even though the “headache” excuse is often used to avoid sex, the truth is that intercourse can provide pain relief. Sex can also help you reduce stress.
- Chocolate is better than sex: In some studies, women claim they would rather have chocolate than sex. But does it really cause orgasm? Probably not on its own.