- Your smell is unique: Your body odor is unique to you — unless you have an identical twin. Even babies recognize the individual scents of their mothers.
- Humans use echolocation: Humans can use sound to sense objects in their area using echolocation. It is thought that those who are blind develop this ability to heightened effectiveness.
- Adrenaline gives you super strength: Yes, with the proper response in certain situations, you really can lift a car.
- Women smell better than men: Women are better than men at identifying smells.
- Your nose remembers 50,000 scents: It is possible for your nose to identify and remember more than 50,000 smells.
- Your hearing decreases when you overeat: When you eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear. So consider eating healthy — and only until you are full.
- Your sense of time is in your head: How you experience time is all about your perception. Some speculate that stress can help you experience time dilation. Apparently, time manipulation isn’t just for superheroes.
Friday, 1 July 2011
You might be surprised at the amazing things your various senses can accomplish.